03 August 2009

The best book I read in 2007 was Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
The best book I read in 2008 was Disgrace by J.M. Coetzee
I don't know what will be my favorite book of 2009; I read a lot of chick lit, specifically Buenos Aires-based, tango chick lit, also vampire chick lit, so I don't think that will count. But it has been fun!
I was in the middle of Francine Prose's Blue Angel when I went into labor. I just picked it up again and finished it, and was thinking that it might be my best book of 2009, but now I am not so sure. I did enjoy it a lot, but the ending seemed a bit rushed (though appropriate). I suppose I wanted to go on reading about the characters, wanted to know more truths about them. Now I will have to decide what to read next, which can be a chore. There's too much to choose from! You have no idea how many unread books I brought to live with me in Argentina.

No comments: