22 September 2009

I promised myself I'd blog about this tasty wine recommended to us by a nice wine shop owner in Buenos Aires. He also gave us some good tips about how to care for Merritt (he is in his 40s and just welcomed his first child, a son, about six months ago). We have stopped by his shop (once with Rygelito when he was just a baby dog!) and found good wines to take back with us to the States, so if I remember his name and shop, I will record it here:

We always want to bring him a bottle of Ocio, a boutique wine created by Marcelo Miras of Bodega Fin del Mundo in Neuquen province, but have yet to complete that task . . . Anyway, the wine is called Bramare, from Vina Cobos in Lujan de Cujo, Provincia de Mendoza, and it is so good. It was tasty when we opened it . . . it was tasty after several hours sitting out on the counter, breathing (no, what really happened is Merritt was fussy for a good while, and kept us from the wine, but he finally settled after enjoying a bottle of warmed breast milk) . . . and it still smells tasty in its (very) empty bottle, which has been sitting out on the counter a few days since.

Basically, the wine is creamy. And it is spicy. And it smells so good. Try it because you can find it here in Argentina, and you can find it in the states. We enjoyed (can I stress that enough?) a 2006 Malbec.

"Bramare is an Italian word meaning to yearn for," or so claims the label on the back. Get you some! But I must warn: it's pricey, so it's a special occasion sort of thing.

But when you just had a baby and a 10-year anniversary, you have special occasions all over the place.


I am getting so sleepy smelling this wine . . . I can barely type . . . must . . . nap . . . now

No comments: